- Sign into LinkedIn
- Select the More menu
- If WordPress is listed then click on that otherwise
- Select Get More Applications
- Scroll down the list and choose WordPress
- Tick the two checkboxes: Display on my profile and Display on LinkedIn Homepage and then Update Settings
- Then fill in the URL of your blog and hope for the best.
What does this mean?On the WordPress Application preview page you’ll see the following notes.
Connect your virtual lives with the WordPress LinkedIn Application. With the WordPress App, you can sync your WordPress blog posts with your LinkedIn profile, keeping everyone you know in the know. Once added, you can filter your posts with a special LinkedIn tag and even display your personal WordPress Gravatar (global avatar). Updates are automatically sent to your network for instant notifications and gratification.Although I’m an experienced software developer, I’m not that experienced at social networking so this was over my head (it gets a bong!) Two questions straight away… leading to at least 4 if not more?
- What’s the special LinkedIn tag and where do I enter it
- Which personal WordPress Gravatar? What is a “global avatar anyway”?
- Does my blog have to be on WordPress.com
- What does the last sentence (Updates are automatically sent…) mean?
- Is there anything else about that?
- How does the application find the RSS feed?