What is a reference layer?
Reference layers are a layer setting that allows you to fill and draw on other layers while only referring to a specific layer or layers.
How do you reference an image in procreate?
Let’s get started.
- TAP ON THE WRENCH. This is in the top left of your toolbar. …
- SELECT CANVAS CATEGORY. You should be seeing a few categories in your panel. …
- TOGGLE REFRENCE ON. …
- CHOOSE YOUR REFERENCE. …
- MOVE YOUR REFERENCE WINDOW AROUND. …
- RESIZE YOUR REFERENCE WINDOW.
How do I reference faces in procreate?
How to Use Procreate’s FacePaint Feature
- Create a new canvas in your Procreate gallery. …
- Within your new canvas, click on the Actions tab. …
- Click on the canvas option within the Actions menu. …
- Toggle on the Reference button. …
- Choose the FacePaint option. …
- Start drawing on your face!
How do I make references bigger in procreate?
Touch and drag the bottom right or left hand corner of the window to resize Reference Companion. You can pinch-zoom and pan the image inside the Reference Companion window. This works the exact same way as zooming and panning on your canvas.
What is Alpha Lock procreate?
Using Alpha Lock in Procreate gives you the ability to lock a layer’s transparency (or alpha). This means that, once you apply Alpha Lock on a layer, you will only be able to paint inside what already exists on that layer (the alpha). … You can also swipe right with two fingers on the layer to lock the alpha.
How do you color match in procreate?
To select a color to work with, follow these steps:
- Press and hold down with your finger where you want to pull the color from.
- You’ll see a circle take on your color.
- Wait for the color to appear in the color selection tool in the top-right corner of the screen.
- You now have access to the selected color.
Is it bad to draw from reference?
Drawing a reference as may lose all spontaneity and energy in your drawing. The best is to use references as study object in order to learn to draw these things from memory. Reference photos you actually want to use are hard to find. You have a scene in your head you want to draw, but don’t know how.
Can you draw without reference?
So it’s not that you can’t draw something from imagination—you just don’t have a reference for it saved in your mind. And this is actually good news for you—no matter how talented (or not) you are, you can learn your way to free, creative drawing. It takes time, it takes effort, but the prize is worth it!
What is making reference?
Definition of make reference to
: to talk or write about in brief way : to mention She made reference to our agreement.