(1) Using the Swatches palette choose a color for your gradient and drag/drop it on the black gradient slider box. (2) Click on the white gradient slider box to select it. (3) Then adjust the Opacity setting found below the gradient slider to 0%. You now have a transparent gradient.
How do you make a transparent effect in Illustrator?
Changing the Opacity of Objects in Illustrator
- Select the shape you want to make translucent.
- Opacity is found in the Appearance panel within the Properties panel.
- Click the arrow to the right of the 100% opacity indicator. …
- Drag the slider until your shape reaching the opacity level you want.
How do I make a gradient Opacity mask in Illustrator?
To create a transparent gradient mask with Illustrator, select your object, open the Transparency menu, then click the Make Mask button. Then, create an object with a gradient of black to white, copy it to your clipboard, and paste it into your mask layer.
How do you make a transparent overlay in Illustrator?
Select an object or group (or target a layer in the Layers panel). To change the opacity of a fill or stroke, select the object, and then select the fill or stroke in the Appearance panel. Set the Opacity option in the Transparency panel or Control panel.
How do you create a mask in Illustrator?
Hide parts of objects with a clipping mask
- Create the object you want to use as the mask. This object is called the clipping path. …
- Move the clipping path above the objects you want to mask in the stacking order.
- Select the clipping path and the objects you want to mask.
- Choose Object > Clipping Mask > Make. Note:
How do I feather in Illustrator?
Feather the edges of an object
Select the object or group (or target a layer in the Layers panel). Choose Effect > Stylize > Feather. Set the distance over which the object fades from opaque to transparent, and click OK.
How do I fade a color in Illustrator?
Select the Gradient tool in the toolbar. In the selected artwork you’ll see the gradient annotator, which shows the gradient slider and the color stops. Double-click a color stop on the artwork to edit the color, drag the color stops, click beneath the gradient slider to add new color stops, and more.
How do you make a transparent mask in Illustrator?
Create an opacity mask
- Select a single object or group, or target a layer in the Layers panel.
- Open the Transparency panel and, if necessary, choose Show Options from the panel menu to see the thumbnail images.
- Double-click directly to the right of the thumbnail in the Transparency panel.
How do I add an opacity mask in Illustrator?
To make the opacity mask select both the highlight and gradient layers. call up the the Transparency Panel (Window > Transparency). In the top right hand corner is a flyout menu where you can click Create Opacity Mask. That’s all there is to it.