In After Effects, go to File > Import > File or simply hit Command+I. 2. A dialogue window will appear where you can browse and find your PSD. Before you select OK, be sure to select Import As: Composition, as well as check the Photoshop Sequence box.
Can you edit Photoshop file in After Effects?
We’re glad you’re here
This is already possible. In After Effects, you can convert a Photoshop text layer into an After Effects text layer: right-click on the layer in the Timeline panel, then choose Create > Convert to Editable Text.
How do I import a PSD layer into After Effects?
Import to Adobe After Effects:
- Cmd/Ctrl + i or double click on Project Panel.
- Select Photoshop .psd file.
- Enable ‘All Acceptable Files’
- Format ‘Photoshop’ (default once .psd is… More.
Can I animate a PSD in After Effects?
Import the cleaned-up PSD file into After Effects (File > Import > File) as Composition – Retain Layer Sizes. Leaving the playhead at the beginning of the comp, select the layer you want to animate and then click the Puppet Position Pin tool (Command/Control+P). Make sure Show is checked next to Mesh in the toolbar.
How do I import an image into After Effects?
Import a still-image sequence as a single footage item
- Choose File > Import > File.
- Select any file in the sequence. …
- Choose Footage from the Import As menu.
- Click Open (Windows) or Import (Mac OS).
- Click OK.
How do I open an animated Photoshop file?
Import Photoshop PSD files
- Select File > Import To Stage or Import To Library.
- Navigate to the Adobe Photoshop PSD file to import, select it, and click OK.
- (Optional) In the PSD Import dialog box, select layers, groups, and individual objects and choose how to import each item.
How do I animate in Photoshop?
How to Make an Animated GIF in Photoshop [Tutorial]
- Upload your images to Photoshop.
- Open up the Timeline window.
- In the Timeline window, click “Create Frame Animation.”
- Create a new layer for each new frame.
- Open the same menu icon on the right, and choose “Make Frames From Layers.”
What files can After Effects import?
After Effects Supported File Types
- Animated GIF (GIF)
- DV (in MOV or AVI container, or as containerless DV stream)
- ElectricImage (IMG, EI)
- Filmstrip (FLM)
- Flash (SWF; rasterized) …
- MPEG formats (MPEG, MPE, MPG, M2V, MPA, MP2, M2A, MPV, M2P, M2T, VOB, MOD, AC3, MP4, M4V, M4A)