How do I add an existing layer mask?
Hold Shift and Ctrl (PC) or Cmd (Mac) and click the mask thumbnail. This will add the new selections and the original mask selections together. Now you can fill with black or white on the mask layer. Select the new objects and apply whatever refinements you require.
What is the shortcut to add a layer mask in Photoshop?
To quickly add a layer mask to hide all of a layer, just hold down the Option key on Mac (or Alt on Windows) and click on the “Add Layer Mask” button in the Layers panel.
Why can’t I make a layer mask in Photoshop?
It’s greyed out because your layer doesn’t currently have a mask, so there is nothing to enable.To create a new layer mask, select your layer and click the Layer Mask icon in at the bottom of the Layers panel.
Where is select and mask in Photoshop cs6?
Launch the Select and Mask workspace
- Choose Select > Select and Mask.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+R (Windows) or Cmd+Option+R (Mac).
- Enable a selection tool, such as Quick Selection, Magic Wand, or Lasso. Now, click Select and Mask in the Options bar.
How do you copy and paste a layer mask in Photoshop?
To move a Layer Mask from one layer to another, click-and-drag the mask to another layer. To copy a layer mask to another layer, press-and-hold Alt (Mac: Option), then click-and-drag it to any other layer.
How do I copy and paste a layer mask?
With your layer mask selected, hold Option + Drag Mouse (Mac) or Alt + Drag Mouse (PC) to duplicate the layer mask. Drag it over the desired layer where you want to copy the layer mask. Let go to place the paste the layer mask on the other layer. Now you’ll be left with a duplicate copy of the original layer mask.
How do I apply a layer mask to a shape in Photoshop?
Select the layer you wish to mask. Hold down ctrl (command on Mac, probably), left-click and hold on the shape, and drag it on top of the layer you wish to mask.
How do I create a channel mask in Photoshop?
Create an alpha channel mask and set options
- Alt-click (Windows) or Option-click (Mac OS) the New Channel button at the bottom of the Channels panel, or choose New Channel from the Channels panel menu.
- Specify options in the New Channel dialog box.
- Paint on the new channel to mask out image areas.
Why is my layer mask white not black?
white means that your mask is transparent until you fill it with black. since then, there was no option to change the mask default settings from white to black otherwise you have to do what Noel suggested.
How do you add a selection to a layer mask?
What you learned: Create a layer mask from a selection
- Select the Magic Wand tool in the Toolbar and check Contiguous in the Options bar.
- Click the image background to select it. To add to the selection if necessary, Shift-click in the image. …
- Choose Select > Invert, so the subject is selected instead of the background.
How do I select a layer mask?
Click the layer’s thumbnail (on the left) to select the contents of the layer, or click the mask’s thumbnail (on the right) to select the layer mask. But you can also switch between the layer and the mask from your keyboard: To select the layer, press Ctrl+2 (Win) / Command+2 (Mac).