Hold the ‘option’ key for a mac, or the ‘alt’ key for windows, then click and drag the selection to where you want it positioned. This will duplicate the selected area inside of the same layer, and the duplicated area will stay highlighted so you can easily click and drag to duplicate it again.
How do you repeat a shape in Photoshop?
Creating Repeating Patterns From Custom Shapes In Photoshop
- Step 1: Create A New Document. …
- Step 2: Add Guides In The Center Of The Document. …
- Step 3: Select The Custom Shape Tool. …
- Step 4: Choose The “Fill Pixels” Option. …
- Step 5: Choose A Custom Shape. …
- Step 6: Draw The Shape In The Center Of The Document.
How do you copy a shape?
Press “Ctrl-C” on the keyboard to copy the shape from the text box.
How do you copy a selection shape?
Select the paths as you normally would using Shift and click with the black arrow path tool, then Ctrl C to copy and Ctrl V to paste.
How do you copy and paste multiple shapes in Photoshop?
Copy Multiple Layers
Instead of dragging and dropping multiple layers between documents, you can choose to target the layers in the Layers panel, hit Cmd/Ctrl + C, and hit Cmd/Ctrl + Shift + V to paste the layers in place in the other document.
How do I copy and paste a layer in Photoshop?
In the Layers panel of the source image, select the layer that you want to copy. Do one of the following: Choose Select > All to select all of the pixels in the layer, and choose Edit > Copy. Then make the destination image active, and choose Edit > Paste.
How do you copy a shape in a circle in Photoshop?
Hit Command/Ctrl + Alt/Option+ “T” to transform a copy of the small circle. Then, Hold Alt/Option to click and drag the center point to the center of your canvas, hold Shift to rotate the circle copy, and hit enter.
How do you copy a shape in geometry?
- Create a selection rectangle enclosing the construction that you want to copy, then use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+C to copy, click in the Graphics View where you want to place the copied object, and use Ctrl+V to paste the copied image. …
- sometimes to use translate() is better.
How do I copy shape shapes in Word?
To copy the formatting (Fill, Outline etc) select the shape then choose Home | Clipboard | Format Painter or Ctrl + Shift + C. Then switch to the other shape or text box and click to paste the formatting.