Why are you getting “Could not use move tool because the target channel is hidden” popup warning? If you get this error while trying to select object with Move Tool [V] it means that have entered “Edit in quick mask mode”. If you are using keyboard shortcut it is that most likely you have accidentally hit [Q].
How do I deselect a channel in Photoshop?
Select and edit channels
Shift-click to select (or deselect) multiple channels. To edit a channel, select it and then use a painting or editing tool to paint in the image.
How do I unhide something in Photoshop?
3. To display one or more hidden layers, click to unhide a layer, or select the layers, right-click and choose Unhide from the shortcut menu to unhide all selected layers.
Which Photoshop icon temporarily hides a layer so you can see what is behind it?
Next to each layer, you notice an “eyeball” icon. Clicking it hides that specific layer, making it no longer visible on the canvas.
How do I get rid of alpha channel in Photoshop?
To remove an Alpha channel in Photoshop:
- Open the Channels panel (Window > Channels)
- Highlight the channel you want to remove by clicking to select it.
- Click the trash can icon at the bottom of the Channels panel to delete it.
How do you subtract from a selection in Photoshop?
To subtract from a selection, click the Subtract from selection icon in the Options bar, or press the Option key (MacOS) or Alt key (Windows) as you select an area you want to remove from the selection.
How do I turn off selection in Photoshop?
With Your Mouse
- Click the window containing the selection you’d like to deselect to ensure it’s active. …
- Click “Select” on the main Photoshop menu. …
- Click “Deselect” on the drop-down menu. …
- Click the window containing the active selection you want to deselect.
- Press and hold the “Control” key on your keyboard.
To hide the Panels and Toolbar press Tab on your keyboard. Press Tab again to bring them back, or simply hover over the edges to show them temporarily.
This partial list includes the most helpful shortcuts. You’ll find additional shortcuts in menu commands and tool tips.
Keys for showing or hiding panels (expert mode)
|Show/Hide Layers panel||F11||Option + F11|
|Show/Hide Navigator panel||F12||Option + F12|
Why do my layers disappeared in Photoshop?
If you can’t see it, all you have to do is go to the Window menu. All the panels that you currently have on display are marked with a tick. To reveal the Layers Panel, click Layers. And just like that, the Layers Panel will appear, ready for you to use it.
How do I make a layer not transparent?
Select the desired layer, then click the Opacity drop-down arrow at the top of the Layers panel. Click and drag the slider to adjust the opacity. You’ll see the layer opacity change in the document window as you move the slider. If you set the opacity to 0%, the layer will become completely transparent, or invisible.
How do you unlock a layer on Photoshop?
Lock or unlock a layer
- Click the Lock all pixels icon in the Layers panel, to lock all layer properties. Click the icon again to unlock them.
- Click the Lock Transparency icon in the Layers panel, to lock the transparent areas of the layer, so that no painting occurs in them. Click the icon again to unlock.
What does opacity mean in Photoshop?
Opacity is the extent to which something blocks light. You can change the opacity of layers, filters, and effects so that more (or less) of the underlying image shows through. The letters are transparent when opacity is set to 50%.