Select the object to use as a cutter, and position it so that it overlaps the objects to cut. Choose Object > Path > Divide Objects Below.
How do you divide in Illustrator?
Select all the objects (or you can simply choose Ctrl + A), and then click “Divide” on your pathfinders window. Automatically the circle will be divided by 14 individual triangles all grouped together. At this point you can click and collapse to delete unnecessary extra shapes.
Can I divide a shape in Illustrator?
In Illustrator, we use tools as well as shapes or paths to cut and divide other shapes. If you want to divide a square into 4 smaller squares of equal size, then you can use the Knife tool to make a horizontal and a vertical cut. However, the knife tool cuts along the freehand path you draw.
How do you divide a rectangle equally in Illustrator?
Illustrator will take any object and split it into a specified number of equal-sized rectangles. To activate the function, select your object and choose Object > Path > Split Into Grid.
How do I separate part of a path in Illustrator?
Split a path
- Select the Scissors tool and click the path where you want to split it. …
- Select the Knife tool and drag the pointer over the object. …
- Select the anchor point where you want to split the path, and then click the Cut Path At Selected Anchor Points button in the Control panel.
How do I separate part of an image in Illustrator?
- Click and hold the Eraser ( ) tool to see and choose the Scissors ( ) tool.
- Click the path where you want to split it. When you split the path, two endpoints are created. …
- Select the anchor point or the path cut in the previous step using the Direct Selection ( ) tool to modify the object.
Why is divide not working in Illustrator?
Make sure that that shape is a closed Path. … You may have had a fill on your top shape. Make sure you have no fill on that. Stroke & thickness of stroke does not matter for divide.