How do I make all figures the same size in Illustrator?
Select the “Scale” tool. Click and drag in the direction that you want the objects to scale. Hold down the “Shift” key to keep the proportions the same as you scale.
How do you duplicate an object in Illustrator?
An object can be duplicated in Adobe Illustrator by copying it (Command / Ctrl + C) and pasting it to the front (Command / Ctrl + F) and to the back (Command / Ctrl + B). A new object will be located above or beneath our original object and the contours of both objects will match.
How do you copy property in Illustrator?
Copy appearance attributes by dragging
- Drag the thumbnail at the top of the Appearance panel onto an object in the document window. …
- Alt‑drag (Windows) or Option‑drag (Mac OS) the target icon in the Layers panel onto the item to which you want to copy appearance attributes.
How do you scale everything in Illustrator?
Do one of the following:
- To scale from the center, choose Object > Transform > Scale or double-click the Scale tool .
- To scale relative to a different reference point, select the Scale tool and Alt‑click (Windows) or Option‑click (Mac OS) where you want the reference point to be in the document window.
How do I duplicate a page in Illustrator?
To duplicate an existing artboard, select the Artboard tool, click to select the artboard you want to duplicate, and click the New Artboard button in the Control panel or the Properties panel. To create multiple duplicates, Alt-click as many times as you want.
What is Ctrl D in Illustrator?
One of my favorite tricks to use in Illustrator which I forgot to mention in my “favorite Illustrator tips” blog is Ctrl-D (Command-D), which allows you to duplicate your last transformation and is especially useful when you’re copying objects and want them to be spaced an exact distance apart.
What does the width tool do in Illustrator?
The Width tool lets you create variable-width strokes, and create stroke profiles so you can apply styles consistently. Click the Width tool or press Shift + W to select it. Drag an anchor point to expand or contract the stroke. To make pointed ends, drag the points at the ends of the stroke.
How do you paste formatting in Illustrator?
Paste with Formatting (Cmd+Shift+V) – Adobe Illustrator.
How do you copy an outline in Illustrator?
Silhouette or outline of a group of shapes in Illustrator
- Select all of the objects.
- Group them.
- Copy and paste them as a new layer.
- Object > Path > Outline Stroke.
- Window > Pathfinder, “Unite”
- Object > Path > Offset Path.
- Delete result of “Unite”
How do you fill in a shape in Illustrator?
Illustrator also allows you to remove the fill from the object.
- Click the “Selection Tool” or “Direct Selection Tool” icons, which are the black or white arrows in the Tools panel, and then click the object you want to fill. …
- Click the “Fill” icon in the Tools panel or press “X” to activate the Fill tool.
How do you do equal spacing in Illustrator?
In the Align panel, enter the amount of space to appear between objects in the Distribute Spacing text box. If the Distribute Spacing options aren’t displayed, select Show Options from the panel menu. Click either the Vertical Distribute Space button or the Horizontal Distribute Space button.