How do you do alpha transparency in Photoshop?
Transparency and alpha channels and png
- Open the Info palette.
- Click the palette option in the upper-right corner and choose Panel Options.
- Where it says “Second Color Readout,” choose Mode: Opacity.
- Click OK.
- The info palette provides the opacity level at the location of the mouse.
How do I create a custom mask in Photoshop?
Select the two images you want to mask and arrange them in two separate layers. Select a layer in the Layers panel and click the ‘Add layer mask’ button at the bottom of the panel. A white layer mask thumbnail will appear on the selected layer, revealing everything on the selected layer.
How do I create a layer mask in Photoshop?
Add layer masks
- Make sure that no part of your image is selected. Choose Select > Deselect.
- In the Layers panel, select the layer or group.
- Do one of the following: To create a mask that reveals the entire layer, click the Add Layer Mask button in the Layers panel, or choose Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal All.
How do I create an alpha PNG?
To save a PNG image with Alpha, do the following:
- Change to Production Mode.
- Switch to the Channels Tab and check the Alpha Channel.
- After rendering the image, press the b button and select PNG Image+Alpha Files from the extensions drop-down.
How do I export a mask in Photoshop?
To save a Layer Mask
- Select the layer mask that you’d like to save by clicking on it.
- Go to the Channels Tab and select the layer mask.
- Copy the layer mask – Edit Menu –> Copy (Command C – Mac, Control C – Windows).
Why can’t I make a channel mask in Photoshop?
It’s greyed out because your layer doesn’t currently have a mask, so there is nothing to enable.To create a new layer mask, select your layer and click the Layer Mask icon in at the bottom of the Layers panel.
Where is global refinements in Photoshop?
On the lower half of the Properties panel is where you’ll find the Global Refinements. You can use the Smooth, Feather, Contrast, and Shift Edge sliders to fine-tune the edges’ appearance. The Smooth slider controls the smoothness and the sharpness of the edges.
How do I get the alpha channel in Photoshop?
To load an alpha channel, use any one of these many methods:
- Choose Select→Load Selection. …
- Select the alpha channel in the Channels panel, click the Load Channel as Selection icon at the bottom of the panel, and then click the composite channel.
- Drag the channel to the Load Channel as Selection icon.
What is Alpha in Photoshop?
The alpha channel stores the selection as an editable grayscale mask in the Channels panel. Once you store the selection as an alpha channel, you can reload it at any time or even load it into another image. Selection saved as an alpha channel in Channels panel.