How do I delete a selection in Photoshop?
To delete a selection, choose Select > Delete Selection, choose a saved selection from the Selection menu, and then click OK.
How do I remove a selection?
With Your Mouse
- Click the window containing the selection you’d like to deselect to ensure it’s active. …
- Click “Select” on the main Photoshop menu. …
- Click “Deselect” on the drop-down menu. …
- Click the window containing the active selection you want to deselect.
- Press and hold the “Control” key on your keyboard.
How do I select a specific area in Photoshop?
In the Tools panel, select the Quick Selection tool. Drag over an area you want to select. This tool tries to find image edges and automatically stops the selection there. After your initial selection, this tool automatically switches to its Add to Selection option.
How do I add and remove selection in Photoshop?
Select a selection tool, and do one of the following: Hold down Shift (a plus sign appears next to the pointer) to add to the selection, or hold down Alt (Option in Mac OS) to subtract (a minus sign appears next to the pointer) from a selection. Then select the area to add or subtract and make another selection.
Why can’t I delete in Photoshop?
Your layer is locked
If you try to erase on a locked layer, Photoshop will give you an error dialog, stating that you can’t use the erase tool. How to Fix: Unlock your selected layer by unchecking the lock icon in the layers panel.
How do you edit a selection in Photoshop?
Expand or contract a selection by a specific number of pixels
- Use a selection tool to make a selection.
- Choose Select > Modify > Expand or Contract.
- For Expand By or Contract By, enter a pixel value between 1 and 100, and click OK. The border is increased or decreased by the specified number of pixels.