Select the Pen tool using the shortcut P. To make a selection, click two points to create a line between them, and drag a point to create a curved line. Use Alt/opt-drag your lines to change them. Ctrl/right-click your path in the Paths tab on the right, and then choose Fill Path to create a shape from it.
How do I fill a path with color in Photoshop?
Fill a path and specify options
- Select the path in the Paths panel.
- Fill the path: …
- For Use, choose the contents for the fill. …
- Specify an opacity for the fill. …
- Choose a blending mode for the fill. …
- Choose Preserve Transparency to limit the fill to layer areas that contain pixels. …
- Select a Rendering option: …
- Click OK.
How do you stroke a path in Photoshop?
Follow these steps: Select the path in the Paths panel. Then, select Stroke Path from the Paths panel pop-up menu. Or hold down the Alt (Option on the Mac) key and click the Stroke path icon that has the brush icon (an outlined circle) at the bottom of the panel.
How does Pen tool work in Photoshop?
The Pen Tool in Photoshop creates paths and shapes which can be duplicated and manipulated to create complex selections, masks and objects. Unlike the Brush Tool and Pencil Tools, which “draw” pixels onto your image, the Pen Tool always creates a vector path when used.
How do I use paths in Photoshop?
Create a new work path
- Select a shape tool or a pen tool, and click the Paths button in the options bar.
- Set tool-specific options, and draw the path. For more information, see Shape tool options and About the Pen tools.
- Draw additional path components if desired.
How do I turn a path into a shape in Photoshop?
Convert a Path to a Shape Layer in Photoshop
- Drawing the Path. First create a new document and just draw any path on the canvas. …
- Shape Time! With the working path selected move up to the menu bar and click Layer -> New Fill Layer. …
- Adding Effects. Once you have the shape layer it’s easy to manipulate.
Why cant I use fill in Photoshop?
If you don’t have the option to use content aware fill, check the layer you’re working on. Make sure the layer is not locked, and is not an adjustment layer or a smart object. Also check that you have a selection active on which to apply the content aware fill.
How do you fill an animated pen tool?
First Select your outlines that you made with your Direct Selection Tool. (A)Next (Hold) Shift and select the (drop down menu arrow) next to the Fill box above your artwork. Now simply select your color and it should automatically fill if everything is closed off.