How do I get rid of a white background in Illustrator?
To make your clipping mask, select both your object and the image and navigate to Object > Clipping Mask > Make. This will effectively remove the white background from your image. You can even move the image off of the artboard to see the gray background of Illustrator showing through.
Why is my Illustrator artboard white?
As per your query, the color of pasteboard has changed to white. In addition to the suggestions shared by Kurt, it might also be possible that you are in “Overprint Preview”. You can turn it off by simply going to View menu and uncheck “Overprint Preview”.
How do I get rid of the transparent artboard in Illustrator?
Now the artboard background should be transparent. Whenever you want to show the white background again, you can click the same icon on the Properties panel, go back to the view menu and select Hide Transparent Grid, or use the same keyboard shortcut.
How do I get rid of the white background in Illustrator cs5?
- Open the problematic EPS file (with the opaque/white background) in Illustrator.
- Make and save a copy of the file, but preserve the original. …
- Change the file format to “EPS”
- Click “Save,” then open the dialog box labeled “EPS Options.
- Select “Transparent” from the options in the dialog box.
- Click “OK”.
Why is my Adobe Illustrator in black and white?
Every so often you may find that no matter what color you select, Illustrator converts your selection to grayscale…” “All you have to do is set your color palette to something else, like RGB or CMYK. … When preflighting, FlightCheck can easily catch if your colors are set to Grayscale, RGB or CMYK.
How do I make my background transparent?
You can create a transparent area in most pictures.
- Select the picture that you want to create transparent areas in.
- Click Picture Tools > Recolor > Set Transparent Color.
- In the picture, click the color you want to make transparent. Notes: …
- Select the picture.
- Press CTRL+T.
How do you change the transparency color in Illustrator?
Changing the Opacity of Objects in Illustrator
- Select the shape you want to make translucent.
- Opacity is found in the Appearance panel within the Properties panel.
- Click the arrow to the right of the 100% opacity indicator. …
- Drag the slider until your shape reaching the opacity level you want.
How do I make my artboard background transparent?
If you want to change the background of your artboard to transparent, follow these instructions:
- Click the artboard.
- Go to the Properties panel (Window > Properties) for the artboard.
- Under artboard background color, select the background and change it to transparent.
How do I make part of an image transparent in Illustrator?
Change the opacity of artwork
Select an object or group (or target a layer in the Layers panel). To change the opacity of a fill or stroke, select the object, and then select the fill or stroke in the Appearance panel. Set the Opacity option in the Transparency panel or Control panel.