Convert this layer to black & white by using the desaturate option; Image> Adjustments>Desaturate (shortcut Ctrl+Shift+U) This will make the image on screen look black & white, but notice that Layer 0 is still in colour. Then create a layer mask. Layers>Add layer mask and choose reveal all.
How do I make a black mask in Photoshop?
Select the mask layer, and then press Alt key + Backspace key (windows) or Option key + Backspace key (mac). That will change your white mask layer in to black by filling whole layer with black color.
How do I create a white layer mask in Photoshop?
Select the two images you want to mask and arrange them in two separate layers. Select a layer in the Layers panel and click the ‘Add layer mask’ button at the bottom of the panel. A white layer mask thumbnail will appear on the selected layer, revealing everything on the selected layer.
How do I add an image to a layer mask?
To Use Applied Layer Masks
- Create an Adjustment Layer and Select the Layer Mask. Create an Adjustment Layer and then select the Layer Mask by clicking on the mask.
- Select Image > Apply Image. …
- Choose the Layer You Want to Apply to the Mask. …
- Choose the Blending Mode.
How do you change a masked image in Photoshop?
To do this:
- Select File > Place Embedded.
- Select the new image you’d like to use.
- Position the new image layer directly above the layer of the image you would like to replace.
- Right click on the new image layer and click “Create Clipping Mask” (or Ctrl+Alt click)