Instead, I’d select the second shape by clicking on it with the Path Selection Tool, just as I did a moment ago, then I’d press Backspace (Win) / Delete (Mac) on my keyboard. This will delete the selected shape without deleting the entire Shape layer.
How do I cut a shape out of another shape in Photoshop?
Select the Magic Wand tool from the toolbox and then left-click the object that you want to cut out. This creates a selection around the area that you have clicked. Hold down “Shift” and click an adjacent section of the object if the entire object was not covered by the selection.
How do I exclude overlapping shapes in Photoshop?
Select the Rectangle Tool.
- In the Control Bar you want Shapes and Create New Shape Layer selected:
- Now click the Subtract from Shape option in the Control Bar:
- Now click the Exclude Overlapping Shape Areas option in the Control Bar:
Where is the magic wand tool in Photoshop?
Click the Magic Wand icon in the toolbar on the left side of the screen. It’s the fourth option from the top. If the icon instead looks like a brush painting a dotted line, right-click it and select “Magic Wand Tool.”
How do I edit the magic wand in Photoshop?
Do any of the following:
- To add to the selection, Shift-click any unselected areas.A. …
- To subtract any areas from the selection, hold down Alt/Option and click them. …
- To select additional, noncontiguous areas of a similar color or shade based on the current Tolerance value, right-click in the document and choose Similar.
How do I cut out an image with magic wand in Photoshop?
So, get going and make it happen:
- Select the magic wand tool from the toolbar.
- Click on an area you want to sample. …
- Hold down the shift key to add more areas to your selection (if needed).
- Hit the delete key or choose Cut from the Edit menu to delete selected areas.
How do I feather edges in Photoshop?
To feather the edges of a layer in Photoshop, select the layer by holding Command or Control and clicking on the layer thumbnail. Next, go to Select > Modify > Feather and set the desired feather amount. Now add a layer mask to your image layer to feather the edges of the image.