Choose Image > Adjustments > Levels and adjust the mask so that it shows white in the areas that you want to sharpen and black in those areas that you do not want to sharpen. Once you have a good mask, blur its edges slightly by choosing Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur and apply a 1 or 2 pixel blur to it.
How do I make edges sharper in Photoshop?
Edge Sharpening Process: Smart Sharpen
- Transform the Photo Layer into a Smart Object. …
- Choose the Smart Sharpen Filter. …
- Confirm that the Remove Option is set on Lens Blur. …
- Set the Amount Value for Edge Contrast. …
- Set the Radius Value for Edge Thickness. …
- Adjust the Reduce Noise Filter.
How do you fix blurry edges in Photoshop?
- Open the photo with the rough edges in Adobe Photoshop CS5, and then select the Blur tool from the toolbox.
- Hold down “Alt” and use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in on the section of the image with the rough edges. …
- Press “[” or “]” with the Blur tool selected to decrease or increase the size of the brush.
Is there a Sharpen tool in Photoshop?
The Sharpen tool in Photoshop Elements increases the contrast among adjacent pixels to give the illusion that things are sharper. This tool should be used with restraint, however. Sharpen can quickly give way to overly grainy and noisy images if you’re not cautious.
How do I edit the edges in Photoshop?
In the Layers window select the Edge Mask layer by clicking on it. Next apply the “Find Edges” filter by selecting “Filters | Stylize | Find Edges” from the Photoshop menu. Once processed your image should take on the appearance of a line drawing similar to that shown below.
How do you refine edges in Photoshop 2020?
How to Refine Edges in Photoshop CC 2020
- It takes just moments to remove these areas from the selection with the Magic Wand tool + the Option/Alt key.
- The Refine Edge tool is second from the top in the Select and Mask mode. …
- Paint over the edges, starting from the subject out. …
- More edges that need the refine edge tool.
How do you find the edges in Photoshop?
In this article
- 1Make a selection with any selection tool.
- 2Click the Refine Edge button on the Options bar at the top of the Photoshop window.
- 3In the Edge Detection section, select the Smart Radius check box.
- 4Increase the radius by dragging the slider to the right.
How do I add edges in Photoshop?
Create a border or frame around an image
- Open the photo in Photoshop and look at the Layers panel. …
- Choose Layer > New > Layer from Background and, in the dialog box that appears, click OK. …
- Choose Image > Canvas Size, make sure the Relative checkbox is selected, and type the number of pixels to add around the image.