How do I smooth jagged edges in Photoshop Elements?
The “Smooth selection” button lets you smooth jagged edges within existing selection lines. After selecting the mode to use, set the pixel size of the tool by using the “Size” slider. Alternatively, enter a pixel value into the adjacent field.
How do I make the edges smooth in Photoshop?
To fix this common issue, create a mask from your selection and go into the “Properties” window. Here you’ll find the sliders in question. Increase the “Smooth” slider slightly to smooth out those rough edges. After that, use the “Feather” slider to slightly envelope the area in question to ensure no areas are lost.
How do you smooth the edges of an element?
Smooth the edges of a selection by anti-aliasing
- In the Edit workspace, select the Lasso, Polygonal Lasso, Magnetic Lasso, Elliptical Marquee, or Magic Wand tool.
- Select Anti-aliased in the options bar.
- Make a selection in the image window.
How do I blend the edges of a photo in Photoshop?
How to Blur Edges in Photoshop
- Define the Area for Feathering. Tools Panel > Marquee Menu > Elliptical Marquee Tool (M) …
- Feather the Edges. Select>Modify>Feather (Shift+F6) …
- Inverse the Selection. Select > Inverse (Shift+Ctrl+l) …
- Choose the Color. Adjustments > Solid Color.
How do I feather the edges of a photo in Photoshop?
To feather the edges of a layer in Photoshop, select the layer by holding Command or Control and clicking on the layer thumbnail. Next, go to Select > Modify > Feather and set the desired feather amount. Now add a layer mask to your image layer to feather the edges of the image.
How do I get rid of rough edges in Photoshop?
- Open the photo with the rough edges in Adobe Photoshop CS5, and then select the Blur tool from the toolbox.
- Hold down “Alt” and use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom in on the section of the image with the rough edges. …
- Press “[” or “]” with the Blur tool selected to decrease or increase the size of the brush.