Click the Select and Mask button in the Properties panel to open the Select and Mask workspace. Select the Refine Edge Brush tool on the left side of the workspace. Then drag over the edge of the subject to clean up the mask edge.
What is the Refine mask panel used for?
This tool can be used to remove areas of the edge to be refined and basically undoes the refined radius mask editing. When working in the Reveal Layers mode, the refine radius painting shows as a green overlay and the erase refinement tool painting shows up as a red overlay (see Figures 9.26 and 9.27).
How do I use the Refine Tool in Photoshop?
The Refine Edge tool is available from both the Photoshop menu bar and the right-click context menu.
- Make a selection in your file in Photoshop. …
- Once the selection is active (you see the “marching ants” around the selection), open the Refine Edge window by right-clicking the selection and choosing Refine Edge.
How do I use the selection mask tool in Photoshop?
Open an image in Photoshop and do one of the following:
- Choose Select > Select and Mask.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+R (Windows) or Cmd+Option+R (Mac).
- Enable a selection tool, such as Quick Selection, Magic Wand, or Lasso. Now, click Select and Mask in the Options bar.
How do I refine a mask in Photoshop CC 2018?
Hold Shift while going to Select > Select and Mask. The much-loved Refine Edge command was never far away. Related: Select your subject with ONE CLICK in Photoshop CC 2018! And there we have it!
How do I refine a mask in Photoshop 2020?
How to Refine Edges in Photoshop CC
- Step 1: Make a Selection. Start with making a rough selection of your subject. …
- Step 2: Open Refine Edge. Where is Refine Edge in Photoshop? …
- Step 3: Select a View Mode. …
- Step 5: Adjust the Edges. …
- Step 4: Refine Selection. …
- Step 5: Output Your Selection.
How do I enable Refine Edge in Photoshop?
Note: If you have an older versions of Photoshop, these steps may not work. Instead, after you make a selection, hold the Shift key down on the keyboard. Then, under Select in the top menu, choose Select and Mask. You will now see the Refine Edge Tool dialog box.
Why can’t I find Refine Edge in Photoshop CC?
To get to the old refine edge, you need to have a selection made then go to the select menu and hold down the shift key whilst clicking on Select and Mask in the menu. I am running Photoshop CC 2020 version 21.2. 1 on a Mac. Shift-Select and Mask does NOT bring up the Refine Edge tool.
How do I temporarily disable a layer mask?
To temporarily disable a layer mask, press-and-hold the Shift key and click on the layer mask thumbnail.