Click and hold the Knife tool in the Tools panel and select the Scissors tool. Click in two places on the inner circle as shown. Select the cut segment with the Selection tool and press Delete to remove it.
How do I delete unwanted area in Illustrator?
All of Illustrator’s tools work on the active selection, so before you can erase anything, you have to choose the parts of the image to erase. Hold down “Shift” while clicking on areas of the image to add to the selection, press “Ctrl,” and then click on an area to remove it from the selection.
How do I remove part of a picture?
Auto Erase with the Pencil tool
- Specify foreground and background colors.
- Select the Pencil tool .
- Select Auto Erase in the options bar.
- Drag over the image. If the center of the cursor is over the foreground color when you begin dragging, the area is erased to the background color.
Is there a trim tool in Illustrator?
Select both with the selection tool. 8- Select the trim tool. this is the 2nd icon on the bottom of the pathfinder palette. You will see that with the trim tool it will the top shape out of the bottom shape.
How do I select part of an image in Illustrator?
Create a shape using pen tool, then clip mask the part you want. This is the easiest and most common way to select only part of an image in Illustrator. select the object and right click it you will see group/ungroup select ungroup then you can select your desired part of the object.
How do you smooth lines in Illustrator?
You can try out the smooth tool by using the following steps.
- Scribble or draw a rough path with the paintbrush or pencil.
- Keep the path selected and select the smooth tool.
- Click then drag the smooth tool across your selected path.
- Repeat the steps until you get the result you want.