To convert a path into a live shape, select it, and then click Object > Shape > Convert to Shape.
How do I turn a picture into a shape?
If you want to change the outline of a picture and make it a shape (like a circle or a star), use the cropping tools on the PICTURE TOOLS FORMAT tab. Select the picture (or pictures) that you want to crop. On the PICTURE TOOLS FORMAT tab, click Crop > Crop to Shape, and then pick the shape you want.
How do I create a custom shape in Illustrator?
Follow these steps to create your own unique shape using the Shape Builder tool:
- Create several overlapping shapes.
- Select the shapes that you want to combine.
- Select the Shape Builder tool and then click and drag across the selected shapes. …
- Create another shape that overlaps your new combined shape.
How do you convert an image to a compound shape in Illustrator?
You can easily create a compound shape by selecting the desired objects and then heading over to Pathfinder’s advanced menu and hitting Make Compound Shape, or by using Unite Shape Mode while holding down the Alt key.
How do I fill a custom shape with an image in Illustrator?
Click “Object” and select “Clipping Mask” from the menu. Choose “Make” from the submenu to fill the shape with the image.
How do you turn an object into a shape in Photoshop?
This method, lets us, for example, “vectorize” a raster image as follows:
- Select some object, e.g., with the Polygonal Lasso tool.
- Open the “Paths” dialog.
- Convert the selection to path.
- Apply the “Convert to Shape” command (fig. 1).
- In the dialog box that opens, choose a fill color and click “OK”.
How do I create an abstract shape in Illustrator?
Create abstract shapes using Illustrator Blend Modes
- Copy the shape (Ctrl C), paste (Ctrl V) it, and change the color to red.
- Now select both circles (Hold Shift > Click the object) then go to Object > Blend > Make (Alt+Ctrl B).
How do I Make a complex shape in Illustrator?
Combine shapes with the Shape Builder tool
- Select the shapes you want to combine.
- Select the Shape Builder tool in the Toolbar. The Shape Builder tool lets you combine or remove shapes you select.
- Drag across shapes to combine them.
How do you create a random shape in Illustrator?
Select the lines and go to Object > Pattern > Make. Set the tile type to Grid and make any further adjustments you need. Click Done and your pattern will now appear in the Swatches panel. Create any random shape you like and select that pattern swatch for the fill.