Select the mask layer, and then press Alt key + Backspace key (windows) or Option key + Backspace key (mac). That will change your white mask layer in to black by filling whole layer with black color. Select the mask layer, and then press Alt key + Backspace key (windows) or Option key + Backspace key (mac).
How do I make a negative mask in Photoshop?
Tip #3: How to invert a layer mask
Clicking the thumbnail to select the layer mask. Going to Image > Adjustments > Invert. The result after inverting the layer mask.
How do you mask an object in Photoshop?
Add layer masks
- Make sure that no part of your image is selected. Choose Select > Deselect.
- In the Layers panel, select the layer or group.
- Do one of the following: To create a mask that reveals the entire layer, click the Add Layer Mask button in the Layers panel, or choose Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal All.
How do you make an opacity mask in Photoshop?
In the Layers panel, select the layer. Choose Layer > Layer Mask > From Transparency. You see a layer mask thumbnail that is linked to the original layer. You can Shift-click on the thumbnail to disable it and make the image and its channels opaque.
How do you make a negative mask?
Make the bottom layer black and white. Give the top layer a negative layer mask (All black: Create by alt+clicking on the create layer mask button) Use the white brush to mask IN the color layer.
How do you mask a subject in Photoshop?
Open an image in Photoshop and do one of the following:
- Choose Select > Select and Mask.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+R (Windows) or Cmd+Option+R (Mac).
- Enable a selection tool, such as Quick Selection, Magic Wand, or Lasso. Now, click Select and Mask in the Options bar.
How do I change a layer mask from black to white?
So when we’re using layer masks, that’s why we say “White Reveals.” The opposite of that statement is that “Back Conceals.” In the Menu Bar, choose Edit > Fill. When the dialog box comes up, open the Contents menu and choose Black.
How can I make my picture black?
Change a picture to grayscale or to black-and-white
- Right-click the picture that you want to change, and then click Format Picture on the shortcut menu.
- Click the Picture tab.
- Under Image control, in the Color list, click Grayscale or Black and White.