How do I proportionally scale an image in Photoshop?
To scale proportionally from the center of an image, press and hold the Alt (Win) / Option (Mac) key as you drag a handle. Holding Alt (Win) / Option (Mac) to scale proportionally from the center.
How do I resize an image to scale?
How to Reduce the Size of an Image Using GIMP
- With GIMP open, go to File > Open and select an image.
- Go to Image > Scale Image.
- A Scale Image dialog box will appear like the one pictured below.
- Enter new Image Size and Resolution values. …
- Select Interpolation method. …
- Click the “Scale” button to accept the changes.
How do I accurately scale in Photoshop?
Set measurement scale
- Open a document.
- Choose Image > Analysis > Set Measurement Scale > Custom. …
- Enter the Logical Length and Logical Units that you want to set equal to the Pixel Length. …
- Click OK in the Measurement Scale dialog box to set the measurement scale on the document.
How do you scale an object in Photoshop?
To resize a layer or a selected object within a layer, select “Transform” from the Edit menu and click “Scale.” Eight square anchor points appear around the object. Drag any of these anchor points to resize the object. If you want to constrain the proportions, hold down the “Shift” key while dragging.
How do I resize an image in Photoshop without losing quality?
How to resize an image in Photoshop
- Make sure resample is turned on.
- Turn on the chain link if you want the width and height to change together. …
- Choose your new size (you can choose choose different measurement units by clicking on “inches”)
- press ok.
How do I use the scale tool in Photoshop?
Resizing an Object Using the Scale Function
With the white square layer selected, click on the Edit menu, and select Transform>Scale. A bounding box with corner and side handles will appear around the white box. To quickly scale the box, click and drag any handle and the size of the box will change proportionally.
How do I scale in Photoshop without distortion?
Originally Answered: How do I resize an image in Photoshop and keep it sharp? Select the “Constrain Proportions” option to scale the image without distorting it and change the value in the “Height” or “Width” box. The second value changes automatically to prevent the image from distorting.