How do you cut something out in Illustrator?
- Click and hold the Eraser ( ) tool to see and choose the Scissors ( ) tool.
- Click the path where you want to split it. When you split the path, two endpoints are created. …
- Select the anchor point or the path cut in the previous step using the Direct Selection ( ) tool to modify the object.
Where is the slice tool in Illustrator?
Select one or more objects on the artboard, and choose Object > Slice > Make. Select the Slice tool and drag over the area where you want to create a slice.
How do I cut a shape out of a picture?
Crop to a specific shape
- In your file, select the picture that you want to crop to a specific shape.
- Click the Format Picture tab. …
- Under Adjust, click the arrow next to Crop, point to Mask to Shape, point to a type of shape, and then click the shape that you want to crop the picture to.