How do you use clipping mask in Photoshop?
Create a clipping mask
- Hold down Alt (Option in Mac OS), position the pointer over the line dividing two layers in the Layers panel (the pointer changes to two overlapping circles), and then click.
- In the Layers panel, select the top layer of a pair of layers you want to group, and choose Layer > Create Clipping Mask.
What is a clipping mask and how does it work?
A clipping mask lets you use the content of a layer to mask the layers above it. Content of the bottom or base layer determines the masking. The non-transparent part of the base layer clips (reveals) the content of the layers above it in the clipping mask. All other content in the clipped layers is masked out (hidden).
How do I use clipping path in Photoshop?
Click on the triangle-shaped icon located at the top right corner of the panel, and then choose “Save Path”. Next, select “Clipping Path” from the same drop-down menu. A new dialog box will appear with a variety of clipping path settings. Make sure your path is selected, and then click OK.
How do I create a clipping path in Photoshop 2021?
Here are the steps on how to create a clipping path in photoshop.
- Step 1: Upload your Image after launching Adobe Photoshop. …
- Step 2: From the main toolbar, select the pen tool. …
- Step 3: Select a new path. …
- Step 5: Draw a clipping path around your product. …
- Step 6: Use ‘Ctrl + Enter’ for selection.
What is the shortcut for clipping mask in Photoshop?
The shortcut to create a clipping mask is Command + Option + G (macOS) or Control + Alt + G (Windows). Alternatively, hold down Option (macOS) or Alt (Windows) and hover your mouse between the two top layers in the Layers panel. When a downward arrow appears, click to apply the mask.
How do I make a clipping mask transparent in Photoshop?
Make Transparent Clipping Mask?
- Add a heart shape to your image.
- With the heart layer selected, choose Edit > Load Selection.
- Choose Edit > Invert Selection.
- In the Layers palette, Control-click the layer you’d like to mask and choose Add Mask.
- Choose Edit > Deselect All, then hide the original heart shape.
How do I cut a photo in Photoshop?
Create a clipping mask
Hold down Alt (Option in Mac OS), position the pointer over the line dividing two layers in the Layers panel (the pointer changes to two overlapping circles), and then click. In the Layers panel, select the top layer of a pair of layers you want to group, and choose Layer > Create Clipping Mask.
How do I create a mask in Photoshop?
Select the two images you want to mask and arrange them in two separate layers. Select a layer in the Layers panel and click the ‘Add layer mask’ button at the bottom of the panel. A white layer mask thumbnail will appear on the selected layer, revealing everything on the selected layer.