The marquee tools let you select rectangles, ellipses, and 1‑pixel rows and columns. Makes a rectangular selection (or a square, when used with the Shift key). Makes an elliptical selection (or a circle, when used with the Shift key).
What is the rectangular marquee tool best used for selecting?
As the name implies, the Rectangular Marquee Tool is perfect for times when you need to draw a selection in the shape of a rectangle or a square.
What is Marquee tool in Photoshop?
Marquee tool is the basic selection tool that can select your Photoshop layer in several shapes, like rectangle, ellipse, single-pixel vertical and horizontal line, square, and circle, etc. By default, the marquee tool makes the rectangular selection.
What is the use of Marquee tool in computer?
A marquee tool is a GUI tool that selects items within a rectangular shape. The user clicks the left mouse button, then drags a corner of the rectangle until it encompasses the items they want to select.
What is rectangular tool?
The Rectangle tool allows you to draw rectangular shapes (vector and pixel-based) and paths (shape outlines). … Draw from the center out: Position the crosshairs where you want the center of the shape or the path to be, hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (macOS), and then drag diagonally to any corner.
How do you use the marquee tool in Photoshop?
How to Use the Marquee Tool in Photoshop
- Open the image you want to edit in Photoshop.
- Select the marquee tool in the Photoshop toolbar. …
- Select an area of the image to work with. …
- To move the selection while you’re still creating it, hold down the spacebar and drag the mouse; the selection will move instead of resizing.
What is the use of elliptical marquee tool in Photoshop?
The Elliptical Marquee Tool is the tool of choice for selecting moons, planets and other round celestial bodies.
How do you use a rectangular marquee tool?
How to Use the Rectangular Marquee Tool in Photoshop CS6
- Select the Rectangular Marquee tool from the Tools panel. You can also use the keyboard shortcut — press the M key.
- Click and drag from one corner of the area that you want to select to the opposite corner. …
- Release your mouse button.
Where is the marquee tool in Adobe?
Selecting with the Marquee Tools
Marquee tools make rectangular, elliptical, and single row or single column selections. The Marquee tools are found in the uppermost left corner of the Toolbox. From the Toolbox, select and hold the Marquee Tool.