Step 1. Create new document In Photoshop, select File and New. This will open a New File window where you can select all the properties of your banner. Select size (we chose 8ftx2ft) and resolution (in this case, 120 pixel/inch is enough given that this banner will be seen from a distance of approximately 10ft).
Steps to Make a Banner Ad in Photoshop
- What size banner do you need? …
- Add a product image into the banner. …
- Resize image to fit the banner. …
- Optional: Change background color. …
- Color the background. …
- Add some text to the banner. …
- Add a button to the banner. …
- Save the JPG File and Banner Design Template.
Create a new Photoshop document. For a banner, YouTube recommends the dimensions of 2560 pixels wide and 1440 pixels tall.
Once your design is ready to go, you can export your file by going to File / Export / Export As… and select 1x as your size. This will deliver your design file at full resolution, or 150 PPI for a 2×4 foot banner.
Keep the following principles in mind when you’re designing an image for large format printing:
- USE PERSPECTIVE. …
- WORK TO SCALE. …
- CHOOSE A UNIQUE MATERIAL. …
- SELECT PANTONE COLORS. …
- CHOOSE THE RIGHT FONT.
Standard Vinyl Banner Sizes
|2 Feet||3 Feet||4 Feet|
|2′ x 12′||3′ x 12′||4′ x 12′|
|2′ x 16′||3′ x 16′||4′ x 16′|
|2′ x 20′||3′ x 20′||4′ x 20′|
|2′ x 25′||3′ x 25′||4′ x 25′|
How do you resize an image in Photoshop?
To resize an image in Photoshop:
- Open your image in Photoshop.
- Go to “Image,” located at the top of the window.
- Select “Image Size.”
- A new window will open.
- To maintain the proportions of your image, click the box next to “Constrain Proportions”.
- Under “Document Size”: …
- Save your file.
What resolution do I need for a 24×36 print?
Image Resolution and DPI Requirements
|Print Size/Product||Minimum Image Resolution|
|12×18 Posters||2682×1788 pixels|
|16×20 Posters||2980×2384 pixels|
|20×30 Posters||4470×2980 pixels|
|24×36 Posters||5400×3600 pixels|
Create a banner
- Click File > New and choose Built-in to use one of the templates installed in Publisher. …
- Select the Banners category, then click the banner design that you want — for example, Baby Congratulations.
- Under Customize and Options, select any options you want.
- Click Create.
No matter how large your print product is, it always needs a bleed. For large banner printing, we suggest you add a bleed around all edges of your design of 5 mm. Creating a bleed will ensure that if the cutting machine goes beyond the cutting line, your banner will not have a thin white line at the edge.