How do I create a custom shape in Illustrator?
Follow these steps to create your own unique shape using the Shape Builder tool:
- Create several overlapping shapes.
- Select the shapes that you want to combine.
- Select the Shape Builder tool and then click and drag across the selected shapes. …
- Create another shape that overlaps your new combined shape.
How do you design a box?
The packaging design process in 7 steps —
- Understand packaging layers. …
- Choose the right type of packaging. …
- Line up your printer. …
- Create your information architecture. …
- Evaluate a packaging design. …
- Collect feedback. …
- Get the right files from your designer.
How do I make a shape a specific size in Illustrator?
- Click the “Selection” tool, or arrow, from the Tools panel and click to select the object you want to resize.
- Choose the “Scale” tool from Tools panel.
- Click anywhere on the stage and drag up to increase the height; drag across to increase the width.
How do I make a rounded Rectangle in Illustrator?
Round the corners of objects
- In the Layers panel, target the items you want to round. …
- Choose Effect > Stylize > Round Corners. …
- To define the curvature of the rounded curve, enter a value in the Radius text box, and click OK.
How do I create a custom rectangle in Illustrator?
Press and hold the Rectangle tool to view all the Shape tools, and then select the Rectangle tool. Drag on the artboard to draw a rectangle. As you drag, look for a diagonal magenta guide that shows a perfect square. Press and hold the Rectangle tool in the Toolbar and select the Polygon tool.
How do you make an object into a shape in Illustrator?
When you open a document saved in an older version of Illustrator, the shapes in that document are not automatically editable as live shapes. To convert a path into a live shape, select it, and then click Object > Shape > Convert to Shape.
How do I make a complex shape in Illustrator?
Combine shapes with the Shape Builder tool
- Select the shapes you want to combine.
- Select the Shape Builder tool in the Toolbar. The Shape Builder tool lets you combine or remove shapes you select.
- Drag across shapes to combine them.
How do you make a packaging box in Illustrator?
1. How to Create a Box Template in Illustrator
- Go to File > Document Setup, and click on Edit Artboards. …
- If you want to make your box bigger or smaller, you can adjust the dimensions of the artboard using the same proportions (i.e. a ratio of 7:16).
How do I create a box template?
Creating a Custom Template
- Create a new Box Note.
- Fill this new note with the contents of your template.
- Once you are satisfied with your template, open the More Options (…) menu in the upper right corner and select Set this as a Template. This note is now a template.
How do I make a box a specific size in Illustrator?
Press and hold Shift while you drag to create a square. To create a square, rectangle, or rounded rectangle with a specific width and height, click on the artboard where you want the top left corner, enter width and height values, and then click OK.
How do I make all my objects the same size in Illustrator?
Enter a width and Height in the “W” and “H” boxes in the control box. This will change all of the objects to the same size.
How do you add a scale bar in Illustrator?
Scale bars can also be resized using the Adobe Illustrator menu Object > Transform > Transform Each, by changing the horizontal or vertical scales. To change the style of the scale bar or to modify any parameter without generating a new one, select the scale bar and click Scale Bar button on the MAP Toolbar.