Which option is a reason to add a Bleed to your Illustrator document? To ensure that your artwork is still printed to the edge of the page after the page is trimmed.
Which option is a reason to use slices in an Illustrator document?
In Illustrator, you can use slices to define the boundaries of different web elements in your artwork. For example, if your artwork contains a bitmap image that needs to be optimized in JPEG format, while the rest of the image is better optimized as a GIF file, you can isolate the bitmap image using a slice.
What must you do before you can edit an Illustrator document that was placed inside?
Q: What must you do do before you can edit an Illustrator document that was placed inside your new Illustrator document? Disable links to that document.
Which of the following Illustrator tool panel allows you to change the harmony rule for color suggestions?
Color Guide panel overview
The Color Guide panel suggests harmonious colors based on the current color in the Tools panel. You can use these colors to color artwork, or you can edit them in the Edit Colors/Recolor Artwork dialog box, or save them as swatches or swatch groups in the Swatches panel.
Which of the following is not a guideline when creating clipping masks in Adobe Illustrator?
Which of the following is NOT a guideline when creating clipping masks in Adobe Illustrator? Only bitmap objects can be clipping masks; however, any artwork can be masked.
Is there a slice tool in Illustrator?
In Illustrator, using the Slice Tool allows us to cut the design up in the necessary puzzle pieces. Basically, you use the Slice Tool to draw out rectangles (paths) over the graphic area you wish to cut out of the design.
How do you add bleed in Illustrator?
Add a bleed
- Choose File > Print.
- Select Marks & Bleed on the left side of the Print dialog box.
- Do one of the following: Enter values for Top, Left, Bottom, and Right to specify the placement of the bleed marks. Click the link icon to make all the values the same.
How do you add bleed to a PDF in Illustrator?
How to add Crops and Bleed in Adobe Illustrator
- Create a print ready file (File > Save As…).
- Name your file and choose the file location as usual. Select Format “Adobe PDF (pdf)”.
- Select Adobe PDF Preset “[Press Quality]”.
- Click on “Marks and Bleed” on the left of the panel. …
- Or… …
- Click “Save PDF” and you’re done!
Draw a bounding box around the part of the image that you would like to add a link to. Right-click your newly inserted slice and click Edit Slice Options. In the dialog box that follows, insert your link in the URL field. If you want the link to open in a new window, select “_blank” from the dropdown menu for Target.
Which two panels can you use to change the stroke weight of an object?
Most stroke attributes are available via both the control panel and the Stroke panel.
Which option is presented to the client for feedback before designing the final project?
A comp is presented to the client for feedback before designing the final project.
How do you create a clipping mask?
Create a clipping mask
- Hold down Alt (Option in Mac OS), position the pointer over the line dividing two layers in the Layers panel (the pointer changes to two overlapping circles), and then click.
- In the Layers panel, select the top layer of a pair of layers you want to group, and choose Layer > Create Clipping Mask.