To scale from the center, choose Object > Transform > Scale or double-click the Scale tool . To scale relative to a different reference point, select the Scale tool and Alt‑click (Windows) or Option‑click (Mac OS) where you want the reference point to be in the document window.
Where is the scale tool?
You can access the Scale Tool in different ways: from the image menu bar Tools → Transform Tools → Scale, by clicking the tool icon: in the Toolbox, by using the Shift+T key combination.
How do you use the scale tool in Illustrator?
The Scale Tool allows you to easily resize in Illustrator. You simply select an object and then click and drag. Just select the tool, click on your object, and drag to scale.
How do you add a scale bar in Illustrator?
Scale bars can also be resized using the Adobe Illustrator menu Object > Transform > Transform Each, by changing the horizontal or vertical scales. To change the style of the scale bar or to modify any parameter without generating a new one, select the scale bar and click Scale Bar button on the MAP Toolbar.
Why can I not scale in Illustrator?
Turn on the Bounding Box under the View Menu and select the object with the regular selection tool (black arrow). You should then be able to scale and rotate the object using this selection tool. The Selection tool has the same icon as the Free transform tool.
Where is the scale tool in Photoshop?
HOW TO SCALE AN IMAGE OR SELECTION
- Edit > Transform > Scale.
- Edit > Free Transform > Scale.
- Edit > Content-Aware Scale.
How do you scale proportionally in Illustrator?
To maintain the object’s proportions, hold down Shift as you drag. To scale relative to the object’s center point, hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (Mac OS) as you drag.
What does Ctrl d do in Illustrator?
One of my favorite tricks to use in Illustrator which I forgot to mention in my “favorite Illustrator tips” blog is Ctrl-D (Command-D), which allows you to duplicate your last transformation and is especially useful when you’re copying objects and want them to be spaced an exact distance apart.
How do you scale a group in Illustrator?
Using Transform Each
- Select all of the objects you want to scale.
- Select Object > Transform > Transform Each, or use the shortcut command + option + shift + D.
- In the dialog box that pops up, you can choose to scale the objects, move the objects horizontally or vertically, or rotate them at a specific angle.
How do you scale without changing a stroke in Illustrator?
To keep stroke width constant, or change (along with other properties) in proportion to objects and text when resizing, go to Edit>Preferences>General – then check or uncheck “Scale Strokes and Effects”.
How do you measure in Illustrator?
Measure distance between objects
- Select the Measure tool . (Select and hold the Eyedropper tool to see it in the Tools panel.)
- Do one of the following: Click the two points to measure the distance between them. Click the first point and drag to the second point. Shift‑drag to constrain the tool to multiples of 45°.