Select the Gradient tool on the main toolbar, hold down Shift, and draw a line across the area you want to fade. Drawing a longer line will create a more gradual effect. Finally, you can reposition either of the two images, even after you’ve applied a gradient.
How do I blur edges in Photoshop?
How to Blur Edges in Photoshop
- Define the Area for Feathering. Tools Panel > Marquee Menu > Elliptical Marquee Tool (M) …
- Feather the Edges. Select>Modify>Feather (Shift+F6) …
- Inverse the Selection. Select > Inverse (Shift+Ctrl+l) …
- Choose the Color. Adjustments > Solid Color.
How do you reset the gradient tool in Photoshop?
Resetting the Gradient Tool
- Get the Gradient tool.
- In Tool Options, click on the down facing triangle next to the tool icon to the far left to get a drop down panel.
- Click on the icon in the upper right corner to get a fly-out menu and choose Reset Tool.
How do you mask on Photoshop?
Add layer masks
- Make sure that no part of your image is selected. Choose Select > Deselect.
- In the Layers panel, select the layer or group.
- Do one of the following: To create a mask that reveals the entire layer, click the Add Layer Mask button in the Layers panel, or choose Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal All.
How do you change the opacity of an image in Photoshop?
To adjust layer opacity:
- Select the desired layer, then click the Opacity drop-down arrow at the top of the Layers panel.
- Click and drag the slider to adjust the opacity. You’ll see the layer opacity change in the document window as you move the slider.
How do I fade the edges of a photo?
How to Blur the Edges of a Photo in a Few Steps
- Pick the Vignetting Tool. Go to the Tools tab and select Vignetting. …
- Choose the Shape of Blurred Edges. In order to clearly see the shape of your resulting image drag the Amount and Feather sliders all the way left. …
- Blur Photo Edges.
How do I fade an image in Photoshop 2020?
Fade the Image Using a Mask
- Select the Gradient tool .
- Click the layer mask thumbnail to activate the mask. …
- In the Options bar, select the gradient that is white to black (Figure 4.14). …
- Drag a gradient on your image to fade the image from visible to hidden.
How do I blur out the outside of an image in Photoshop?
To add your blur effect, go up to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur. Set a blur radius that fits the look you’re going for. If you want to have a heavier blur around the edge of your photo, set the radius higher. Since I want a mild blur, I’ll set a radius of 30px.