Open the Facebook Messenger app on your iPhone or Android phone. Select a person or group chat. In the bottom menu, tap the plus (+) icon and select the GIF tab. Or in the text field, tap the smiley face icon and select the GIF tab.
What happened to GIFs in Messenger?
The new Messenger app switches up the look of the GIF and sticker picker. Before, when you tapped the smiley in the text field to access and browse all the available GIFs, a carousel would pop up above the text field, for you to swipe through or search for GIFs. … view and sift through GIFs.
Why is the GIF feature gone on iPhone?
Why did my GIFs disappear on iPhone? If #images is missing from app drawer “Make sure that the #images app is enabled: From the app drawer, swipe left, then tap. Tap Edit, then tap to add the #images app.
Why can’t I send GIFs on Messenger iPhone?
Open Settings on your iPhone and then tap on General > Accessibility. Tap on “Reduce Motion” and toggle it off if it is enabled. On your iPhone, head to Settings > Cellular. Locate #images and if it turned off, turn it on.
How do I update Messenger?
Go to the app store for your device and do a search on Facebook Messenger. Click on Facebook Messenger; if there are updates available, there will be an Update button (or if it’s not installed, you’ll have the opportunity to do so).
The GIF button is located on the right side of the comment box. On mobile, it’s next to the emoji button; on desktop, it’s between the photo attachment and sticker buttons.
Where is settings in Messenger?
From Facebook.com , go to the Messenger Icon and click on the 3 dots icon on the right hand-side next to Messenger. Then a window comes up ‘Chat settings Customise your Messenger experience’.
How do I fix my Messenger app?
It’s good to clear all cache and data now and then. This gives your messaging app a fresh restart.
Clear the cache and data
- Open the Settings app.
- Go into Apps.
- Find the Messages app under See all apps.
- Tap on Storage & cache.
- Hit Clear Cache.
- You can also select Clear storage for a clean start.
Where do I find Messenger settings?
How to Change Facebook Messenger Settings
- Open the Messenger application on your Android device.
- Press the menu button on your phone.
- Tap the “Settings” option.
- Tap the “Alerts” item to set Alerts as “On” or “Off.”
- Check the boxes next to the Facebook Messenger alerts to enable Sound, Vibration or Light alerts.
How do I get GIFs back on my Iphone?
How to get the iMessage GIF keyboard
- Open Messages and compose a new message or open an existing one.
- Tap the ‘A’ (Apps) icon to the left of the text field.
- If #images don’t pop up first, tap the icon with four bubbles in the bottom left corner.
- Tap on #images to browse, search and choose a GIF.
Why are my GIFs not working?
To play animated GIF files, you must open the files in the Preview/Properties window. To do this, select the animated GIF file, and then on the View menu, click Preview/Properties. If the GIF does not play, try re-saving the animated GIF in the collection in which you want to put it.
Why are images not loading on my Iphone?
If #images isn’t working on your phone, you can also try restarting the Messages app which may likely fix the problem. Simply go to the Home screen and swipe up from the bottom for the App Switcher. Find the Messages app and swipe up to close it. Now, re-launch the Messages app to see if the issue has been fixed.
How do you send GIFs on Messenger on iPhone?
- Open Messages, tap , and enter a contact or tap an existing conversation.
- Tap .
- To search for a specific GIF, tap Find images, then enter a keyword, like birthday.
- Tap the GIF to add it to your message.
- Tap to send.
How do I enable GIFs in iMessage?
Use GIPHY to send GIFs and Stickers in iMessage!
- Open a text message and select the App store icon just below the text bar.
- Search “GIPHY” and download or open the GIPHY app.
- Toggle between GIFs, Stickers, or Text. Once you’ve found the content you want to share, just tap to share.