It seems that InDesign only supports transparency with PNG-24 files, and not with PNG-8 files—even if the 8-bit files have been saved with the transparency option. … PNGs can’t be saved as CMYK. If you convert to CMYK, and try to Save you will get a Save As dialog without PNG as an option.
How do I make an image transparent in InDesign?
Select the “Object” menu option. Hover your mouse over the “Effects” option and then select “Transparency” from the drop-down list to bring up the Effects tool.
How do you fix transparency in InDesign?
Create or edit a transparency flattener preset
- Choose Edit > Transparency Flattener Presets.
- Do one of the following: To create a new preset, click New. …
- Set flattening options.
- Click OK to return to the Transparency Flattener Presets dialog box, and click OK again.
Can you use PNG in InDesign?
Indesign only supports transparent PNG files saved in PNG24 format. The PNG8 format with transparency doesn’t work – please resave the files as PNG24 and it will be sorted.
Why is PNG showing background?
You can confirm that your file has been converted by pressing edit on the image on your device from the Apple Photos app (see below) If the background turns black then transparency has been maintained. If it stays white then the image has been converted to a JPG file.
How do I change the opacity in InDesign?
Set the opacity of an object
- Select the object or objects. …
- Choose Object, Stroke, Fill, or Text with any of these techniques: …
- On the Control panel or Effects panel, type a value for Opacity or click the arrow next to the Opacity setting and drag the slider.
Why is transparency flattener greyed out?
And the resolution of that smask-image is determined by the greyed-out flattener setting. … When the greyed out setting reads “high resolution” you get a high resolution image-smask. When the greyed out setting reads “medium resolution” you get a medium resolution image-smask. In your 1.7 version PDF.
Where is transparency in InDesign?
Is there a way to find all transparent objects in Indesign? Go to Edit> Transparency Blend Space> CMYK. Edit, you can show which InDesign pages have transparency by selecting panel options> Show Transparency in the Pages Panel. You can also use the Find tool to search for specific transparency effects.
What is transparency flattening?
If your document or artwork contains transparency, to be output it usually needs to undergo a process called flattening. Flattening divides transparent artwork into vector-based areas and rasterized areas. … Transparent objects are flattened according to the settings in the selected flattener preset.
How can I remove the white background from an image?
Remove the background of a picture
- Select the picture that you want to remove the background from.
- Select Picture Format > Remove Background, or Format > Remove Background. …
- The default background area will be colored magenta to mark it for removal, while the foreground will retain its natural coloring.